A burnt palate hurts uncomfortably. Here’s what you can do if you’ve burned yourself to hot drinks or food.
Palate burned by hot food
The oral mucosa – which covers our entire mouth – is very sensitive. When we eat or drink something hot, we can quickly satisfy our taste buds Burn tongue. Especially hot liquids like tea or Soup cause quick burns here because we swallow them directly without chewing beforehand. Oven dishes, such as gratin or oven vegetables, are also dangerous. The water content in the vegetables heats up very strongly, emerges when chewing and quickly spreads throughout the mouth.
So to avoid burns, you should eat carefully. It is worth letting the food stand briefly and first testing whether it has cooled sufficiently. If it is something you can eat in one piece – for example Pizza – prefer to use cutlery and cut them into bite-sized bites. When split, your food can cool down faster and you avoid eating hot pieces that are too large at once. So you have more of your delicious food longer.
Home remedies for a burnt palate
If you have burned your palate, you can alleviate the pain with the following means:
- ice Cube: It is important to cool the burn as soon as possible. It is best to take an ice cube and let it melt on the palate. This relieves the pain and can prevent burn blisters from forming and unnecessary damage to the mucous membrane. If you don’t have an ice cube on hand, drink cold water and keep it in your mouth for some time.
- Camomile tea: Later you can drink cold or lukewarm chamomile tea. It soothes the oral mucosa and has an antibacterial effect. The best combination are Chamomile tea ice cubes. If you’re worried that the burn will hurt for a while, let some tea cool completely and freeze it. So you can relieve the burn for a few days and have a supply in case it should happen again.
- Lactic acid bacteria: milk, buttermilk or yogurt contain many lactic acid bacteria that can relieve pain and prevent infection. The fact that these foods are stored cool is a pleasant side effect. If you Dairy products in the house, just keep them in your mouth for a while to ease the discomfort.
- Gargle: To avoid infection, you should gargle with a solution. Mix 3-5 drops Tea tree oil with half a glass of water and gargle with it in detail. The oil has an anti-inflammatory effect and promotes wound healing. If you don’t have tea tree oil, you can too gargle with salt water.
Pay attention to complete healing
Chamomile tea calms and promotes healing (Photo: CC0 / Pixabay / congerdesign)
When you have given your burnt palate first aid, continue to make sure that it can heal completely. Until the burn has completely subsided, you should refrain from the following:
- Hot drinks or food: Consume everything lukewarm. This is not only more pleasant, it also saves you from further burns.
- Hard, crumbly foods: Avoid dry pastries, for example, loaf with hard crust or crisps. Sharp edges can tear open the wound on the palate.
- Spicy or spicy food: Avoid any severe irritation to your oral mucosa.
- Sour, carbonated drinks: sodas or drinks with lemon juice can burn very uncomfortably. The same applies to drinks that contain a lot of carbon dioxide.
Also be careful with Brush teeth offered. Be careful not to accidentally get the bristles to the irritated areas. Monitor developments carefully and go to a doctor’s office if the palate becomes inflamed or does not heal.
Do you like this post?
Thank you for your vote!
Eaten too hot and burned your tongue? Although the injury usually heals on its own, you can use various home remedies to relieve the first pain. A burned…
H M apparently burns tons of unworn clothing every year – a recent report by a Danish TV station shows that. H M initially denied the allegations, but…
Germany is recycling world champion? In fact, we are at most a district league: Most packaging waste is still burned or exported. But since China doesn’t…
Bad breath is unpleasant and stressful. But in most cases the cause can be easily remedied. You can find out here with which simple means you can get rid…